Your favorite Egg Replacer or favorite local farm eggs
East Indian Brine
1-2 slices of a hearty seedy bread.
- Mix together your favorite Egg replacer, but replace ⅓ of the added water with the East Indian Brine. Or add 2 tablespoons of East Indian Brine to ¼ cup of your favorite local farm eggs.
- Scramble your eggs.
- Toast your bread slices.
- Serve hot.
1 ounce of tasty Whiskey
1 ounce of cold Traditional Brine
Alternative: 1 bottle of your favorite cold lager
- Pour out 1 ounce of your favorite Whiskey in one shot glass, and one ounce of cold Traditional Brine in another shot glass.
- Consume the Whiskey, and then follow with the Traditional Brine.
- Alternatively, instead of Whiskey, combine your favorite cold lager with one ounce of Traditional Brine.
- Garnish your Whiskey with a delicious gherkin pickle.
3 Tablespoons Red Brine
2 Teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 Teaspoons minced shallots
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Whisk together the Red Brine, dijon mustard, minced shallots, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the 8 tablespoons of Olive Oil into the vinegar and mustard mixture until an emulsion forms.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container. Use within 1 week.
1 16 ounce can of Garbanzo beans
1 to 2 Tablespoons of Tahini paste
1/2 Teaspoon of Cumin
4 to 5 Tablespoons of the Spicy Carrot Brine
1 to 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ground Black Pepper to Taste
Optional: ⅛ Teaspoon of Paprika and/or Parsley sprigs for garnishment
- Open and drain the can of Garbanzo beans. Discard the liquid.
- Combine drained Garbanzo beans, Tahini, Cumin, ground Black Pepper, and Spicy Carrot Brine in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the Hummus into a shallow bowl, and smooth over top.
- Drizzle the top with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Optional: garnish the top with Paprika and Parsley sprigs.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one week, or keep frozen for up to a month.
- Add more brine, tablespoon by tablespoon for a richer, brinier, and garlicky flavor, but keep in mind that the additional brine will make your dip thinner.